Recognizing the ever growing need of commuters who wish to enhance public transportation with a more practical, light weight and compact folding electric scooter, Go-Ped Group of Companies has redesigned and improved the I-Ped for this specific market segment.
Drawing on Go-Ped Group of Companies 26 years of portable transportation device experience, the redesign is based on a new American made wheel with 8″ pneumatic 4 ply tires having a tread design to improve traction on wet surfaces. This greatly cushions ride comfort over the original I-Ped as well.
The I-Ped2 now also has ESR front wheel stopping power with the well proven ESR stainless steel wave rotor and “Mad Dog” brake caliper combination. To add safety and also comply with various dual brake regulations found in certain state and international certification requirements The I-Ped2 utilizes it’s rear fender as a very simple yet effective foot operated rear brake.
To greatly increase the I-Ped2’s versatility, it can be ordered and purchased in 4 separate battery pack configurations to suit the user’s particular needs and price considerations.
The following model list points out the strengths of each model;
|LOWEST COST||–||5 Amp Hour||–||SLA||–||3 mi Turbo / 5 mi Econo||–||37 lbs|
|LIGHTEST WEIGHT||–||8 Amp Hour||–||LIPO||–||7 mi Turbo / 10 mi Econo||–||28 lbs|
|LONGEST RANGE||–||16 Amp Hour||–||LIPO||–||13 mi Turbo / 20 mi Econo||–||31 lbs|
The various I-Ped2 models all come in the popular gloss black powder coating, have similar 18 MPH performance, have the same well proven ESR programmable electronics and on-board charger (LIPO models also come with the faster off board charger), Come with the same strong Go-Ped Group of Companies warranty, and can be upgraded to the other available battery packs if so desired.
The 2012 I-Ped2 folds quickly, uses the rear fender to secure the more convenient folding loop, is easy to carry, fits nicely in it’s optional carry bag, and is the ultimate portable transportation device ever to be stowed under a shopping cart and train, bus, or ferry seat.
- Motor: 24v Brush D/C with Aluminum heat sink
- *Max Speed: 18 MPH
- Batteries: See table above.
- Power Controller: Advanced computerized and programmable variable controller
- Charger: On-board smart charger 110v-240v compatible and external off-board lithium maintenance charger.
- *Range: See table above.
- Transmission: Chain drive with automatic chain adjuster
- Weight: See table above.
- Max Load: 250 lbs.
- Frame: 4130 Chromyl
- Fork: Patented cantilevered 4130 Chromyl
- Handlebars: 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum alloy
- Tires: 8"x 2" Kenda Pneumatic tires front and rear
- Brakes: Front, Mad Dog Stainless Steel wave rotor disc brake, Rear, Fender Friction Brake
- Folding: Effortless folding feature for easy storage or carry
- Dimensions: Unfolded (34"L x 15 1/2"W x 44"H) Folded (36"L x 15 1/2"W x 13"H)
IMPORTANT: USA specifications only. These performance specifications can vary for specific international compliance requirements.
* For comparison purpose only; with 170 lb rider, full speed, non stop, no wind, no hills, smooth surface.